Even though season three of Game of Thrones is over, the hit television series still provides an awesome party theme. We all work hard and need to get away from the pressures of our everyday work load. Whether its a birthday or friendly get-together, here’s how to throw the perfect Game of Thrones party.
Place Every Partygoer in a House
- No Game of Thrones party is complete without some of the most well-known houses in attendance. Assign a house to every party attendant. Think carefully and try to match people to the houses that best suit them. However, be careful because some people might not take too kindly to being assigned certain houses such as Lannister or Florent.
Create Some Awesome Invitations
- Once assigning everyone a house, it’s time to create the invitations. Find a suitable medieval font online, type and print your invitations, then use some black tea bags (soaked in warm water) to give them an aged look. Finally, fold your invitations in order to seal them. Unfortunately, not everyone has hot wax and a signet ring available to complete the final step, but don’t worry because stickers or printed paper with a house seal on them will work just as well.
The Perfect Feast
- Normal party food is a huge no-no when it comes to throwing a Game of Thrones party. Instead you should try your hardest to provide food that would be eaten in medieval times. This doesn’t mean you should look for some disgusting medieval dishes because the food still needs to be tasty. Games of Thrones party staples include hot pies and sausages; however, if you’re stuck for ideas, there are plenty of Game of Thrones recipe guides available both online and in book form for your reference.
Create A Game of Thrones Playlist
- Instead of creating a playlist filled with the latest big hits and party tunes, you should create a Game of Thrones playlist. Obviously, the playlist must include the official Game of Thrones theme song, but it should also include various pieces of medieval-style music.
Decorate Your House
- You can have so much fun decorating your house for a Game of Thrones theme party. Hang banners from the walls or use them as placemats or coasters. Printing out the official maps or making your own bunting are other good ideas.
Play Some Suitable Games
- There are plenty of games that you can play when throwing a Game of Thrones party. A Game of Thrones quiz is a great idea – maybe Game of Thrones bingo? You could also purchase official Games of Thrones playing cards and board games.
Enjoy The Party
Follow all of this advice, and you can be assured that your Game of Thrones party will turn out perfectly. Enjoy the party!
Photo Credit: Courtesy of HBO Game of Thrones
How Social Workers and Mental Health Providers Can Help Clients Adjust to the Pandemic
Over the last year and a half, there has been no shortage of media coverage about the mental health implications...
Drinking Increased During the Pandemic. What Happens Now?
COVID-19 led to an increase in alcohol consumption. Here's how to encourage Americans to level set.
Black Disabled Lives Matter and How Social Workers Need to Address Structural Ableism
Conversations about police violence are happening all over the world from the killing of Mr. George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, Jacob...
How Health & Fitness Businesses Are Flexing Their Muscles For Customers Right Now
We’re all public health nerds now, and many of us have stepped up our games when it comes to washing...
Connect With SWHELPER
Mental Health7 years ago
Children Who Experience Early Childhood Trauma Do Not ‘Just Get Over It’
Social Work7 years ago
Ending the Therapeutic Relationship: Creative Termination Activities
Education5 years ago
5 Social Work Theories That Inform Practice
Education8 years ago
Want to Work With Children: 5 Skills and Qualities You Should Be Working On