The Scottish Journal of Residential Child Care (SJRCC) is inviting submissions for a special themed issue on disability to be published in December 2018.
We are seeking ideas for papers now on any aspect of disability and residential child care – or indeed any aspect of care, or leaving care. We’d like to hear from academics, from people involved in caregiving, and from young people reflecting on their own experience of care and disability.
Although published here in Scotland, the Journal has an international outlook. And this makes sense because concerns about the welfare of children in care is a global one, and international comparison provides us all with an opportunity to develop research, policy, and practice.
We’re always looking for contributors from across the globe to share their wide and varied experience – from practitioners, managers, researchers, and policy folk, to young people with experience of the care system.
Papers from countries other than Scotland are particularly welcome.
If you would like to be considered, please email our Guest Editors by Wednesday 31 January: email@example.com. You will need to provide:
- a paragraph with your ideas
- five keywords
- your brief biograph (maximum 70 words).
Brief for contributors
- Academic papers of up to 6000 words in length
- Practice accounts of up to 2000 words in length
- Using everyday life activities with individuals with disabilities
- ‘Breakthrough’ moments when someone showed surprising potential
- Reflections on situations which helped a fuller understanding of someone’s needs
- Creating positive environments
- Changing approaches – working therapeutically.
Open call: submit your ideas and work to the journal
We welcome and publish a real variety of articles and papers on all topics related to residential child care.
- Peer-reviewed academic papers
- Short reflections or commentaries on research, policy or practice
- Methodological papers from doctoral studies
- Accounts of relevant conferences
- Book reviews
For more details, download our submission pack.
The Scottish Journal of Residential Child Care is a peer-reviewed, open access e-journal which aims to provide a rich forum for debate and dissemination about the topical issues in residential child care research, policy and practice.
The topics covered are wide-ranging and relate to all aspects of residential childcare, including the interface between residential care and other contexts, such as health, education and other care settings, as well as topics relating to children’s wellbeing in public care.