SWHELPER and the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) Hosts Three Day Virtual Summit on Supporting BIPOC Communities
How are We Listening to Our Clients in Times of Crisis?
Remember the First Presidential Debate – Where Our Presidential Candidates Stand
Statement from the Texas Chapter of the National Association of Social Workers Regarding the Changes to the Social Work Code of Conduct
Your iPhone and iPad might have cost you a fortune. In a manner, these are almost like prized possessions. However, leaving aside the financial aspect, you are more concerned with the idea of saving your precious memories stored in these expensive devices.
That’s where you look for a backup. Since your primary intention is more about protecting the events that you had captured on your iPhone and iPad. Moreover, there is also the potential risk of the devices getting stolen or damaged ( circumstances beyond your control).
If it comes to a point, where you are interested to restore an iCloud backup to iPhone, then surely you are free to go ahead. To a large extent, it appears to be a good move.
By having a backup of the data, you are just making sure that nothing goes wrong.
The Process of Backing up Data on iPhone and iPad
iCloud backup, by and large, gives you the ability to restore the iOS-based devices( new &old) with considerable ease. In fact, with iCloud backup, transferring data from one iOS device to another is not really a problem.
However, it processes itself that in general confuses you. Since you are not quite sure about the whole procedure, restoring the iCloud backup to your iPhone or iPad might seem to be a difficult task.
Nevertheless, restoring the backup is not an impossible idea. In fact, it all boils down to following a set of steps, which do not take much of a time.
Even before making an attempt to look at the process, it makes a lot of sense to look at the possible advantages.
Advantages of Restoring iCloud Backup
- Almost all the settings and account will be restored from the iCloud backup that you had selected.
- Movies, books, shows, app and other content which you have purchased will be download automatically.
- The iTunes Store, App Store long with iBook Store will be re-downloaded almost instantly.
The advantages listed above give a general glimpse of how restoring the backup to your iPhone and iPad can be beneficial.
Well, there is no set script that you have to follow. On the contrary, it is more about choosing the particular medium that will make it convenient for you to achieve the desired objective. What really matters, in the end, is the type of device you are using.
Restoring iCloud Backup on iPhone and iPad
The process described herein can be used to restore an iCloud backup data for a new iOS device as well as an existing one.
- To begin with, you have to make sure that your iOS version is up to date on the iPhone or iPad. From herein, you need to go to Settings>General and make sure to tap on the “ Software Update’ option. The iOS will now look for any new major update. In case, you come across any new update, download the same and install it.
- In order to proceed further, you have to make sure to have a recent iCloud backup. Now, access Settings> Enter your Apple ID>iCloud> Manage Storage. Under backups, all you are required to do is to select the particular device, after checking up the backup date along with the size, so as to confirm that it is recent.
- If for any reason, the backup is not new, you are then forced to manually restore the iCloud backup. Go to Settings> [ Insert your Apple ID]> iCloud > iCloud Backup. When you are almost done, hit the “Backup Now” button. Follow the on-screen instructions and allow the iCloud backup process to complete.
- As far as restoring the iCloud back up on a device that happens to be already in use, you are required to reset it to factory settings. Once you are done, Open Settings and proceed to General> Reset and tap on the option- Erase all content and settings. Allow the iOS to complete the processing of erasing the earlier settings.
By now, you have completed the first objective. Now, comes the most intriguing part. To set up the device from an iCloud backup, you have to follow the instructions, listed below.
How to Setup Device from an iCloud Backup?
- To turn on your new device and reset an existing one, you need to access the Home screen. Keep on following the directives, until and unless you see the option – Apps & Data.
- On the Apps & Data tab, just make sure to tap on- Restore from iCloud Backup.
- In order to access the iCloud backup, sign-in using your Apple ID and password. Depending on the preference, select the iCloud backup that you want to restore. This way, iCloud data start to download automatically. Remember, iOS might ask for your Apple ID, in order to download and install any specific app purchases.
- The restore time is based on the backup size and your internet connectivity. Preferably, you can use a Wi-Fi connection, so as to let the downloading of iCloud data such as music, app, photos, videos and other documents.
When everything is done and dusted, the device restarts and starts downloading. In short, if you are trying to restore an iCloud backup to iPad or iPhone, the whole procedure takes time. But it’s worth the trouble you take. Ultimately, you are looking for a way to safeguard the precious data, for your own good.
In a way, you are trying to keep some of the cherished memories intact.
Black Disabled Lives Matter and How Social Workers Need to Address Structural Ableism
Conversations about police violence are happening all over the world from the killing of Mr. George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, Jacob...
How Health & Fitness Businesses Are Flexing Their Muscles For Customers Right Now
We’re all public health nerds now, and many of us have stepped up our games when it comes to washing...
Tourette Association of America marks National Tourette Awareness Month with Engaging Virtual Events and Activities
The Tourette Association of America (TAA), the premier national nonprofit organization serving the Tourette Syndrome (TS) and Tic Disorder community,...
Legislation Introduced to Honor Former Foster Youth Lost to Corona Virus
On May 15, 2020, Rep. Karen Bass, co-Chair of the Congressional Caucus on Foster Youth, and Rep. Gwen Moore will...
Connect With SWHELPER
Mental Health7 years ago
Children Who Experience Early Childhood Trauma Do Not ‘Just Get Over It’
Social Work7 years ago
Ending the Therapeutic Relationship: Creative Termination Activities
Education4 years ago
5 Social Work Theories That Inform Practice
Education7 years ago
Want to Work With Children: 5 Skills and Qualities You Should Be Working On