What happened to the progressive state we once knew here in North Carolina? This state of ours, which was once on its way to becoming progressive, has turned completely bizarre in its direction. There is a plethora of policies in our current legislature that discriminates against many of our vulnerable populations. Here are just a few of them:
- North Carolina GOP Files Arizona-Style ‘Show Me Your Papers’ Bill
- NC lawmaker equates Islamic prayer with terrorism
- Lawmakers Pass Bill To Resume Executions In North Carolina
- North Carolina has power to establish official religion, resolution says
- North Carolina Lawmakers Introduce Bill To Penalize Parents Of College Student Voters
- Corporate tax breaks rolled out in Senate committee
- ALEC-Sponsored Bill To Repeal North Carolina’s Renewable Energy Standard Narrowly Passes Out Of Committee
- North Carolina ‘Healthy Marriage Act’ Would Set Two-Year Waiting Period For Divorce, Require Counseling
- N.C. House passes cursive handwriting bill
- Top North Carolina Republican Introduces Florida-Style Voter Suppression Bill
- Eleven North Carolina Republicans Sponsor Resolution Saying Their State Can Ignore The Constitution
- North Carolina Is Going Out Of Its Mind
This has flourished many advocacy efforts throughout the state. With lobby days already scattered out at the Capital such as, Women’s Advocacy Day , Equality NC Lobby Day and Momsrising Chutes and Latters event, there are many more rallies and citizens advocating all of the madness that is going on at the legislature this session.
These policies are going backward in time for our state. Our laws should protect our freedoms and stop discrimination. If you don’t agree with these policies, please contact your representative.